Monday, May 2, 2016

Death note manga is something that isn’t very new to me. My friends at Ringling introduced me to Death Note. I also by the manga and anime pop culture that is famous through out the world. Some of the various ways I was made aware of the manga was, through anime and the movies that were mass-produced. I wasn’t really sure what I was expecting when I first read the manga online. The artwork had surprised me because it had simple shapes and crisp lines. However, after reading the manga and the first 5 issues, I was amazed by this medium in graphic novel. I was very interested in the storyline and twists and plots that took place in the death note. The line quality of the artwork was well scanned online. Death Note is about a boy named light yagami and Ryuk a reaper. The two met when Ryuk, dropped his death note on earth, the human world because he was bored. However, after he was advised by his friends to  get it back before he got into trouble, he came down to earth to retrieve it. But it was late, as Light had already acquired the death note and  had started to use it to punish those  who he had deemed fit to no longer live. You see, Death note is a special notebook, which gives the user the power to kill anyone, as long as he/she has the name and the face of that individual in their mind. The story follows lights ambition to make the world a better place and execute the people who deem unfit in his world, without trial.  It gets really interesting, when his nemesis L comes into play and thus starts the game of Cat and mouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment