Monday, May 2, 2016

First of I have to say, I love reading DC and reading Arkham Asylum was one of the best books I have read.  As I was growing up, I was highly influenced by DC especially Batman franchise. From the cover of the book, I could say this was going to be an amazing story and an adventure to read.  As I read through the pages of Arkham asylum, I kept on getting engrossed in the story and the art work that was portrayed by the various artist and the character events that took place. Arkham asylum takes place in Gotham, at a mental institution where all the villains are kept in their cell and with the highest security, because they are deemed to be dangerous and are mentally unstable.  However, things soon get out of control, and it becomes a den for all the super villains to take control.  Batman being the protagonist, is summoned by commissioner Gordon, to handle the situation, but little does batman know, he is in for a solid beat down, as all the villains have come together as one to take there revenge on batman.  The plot is very compelling and I don’t want to give any spoilers, but the twists and turns that come with this storyline is amazing.  The layout of the book is well organized as one can see how the artists and the editors came together to block out panels, the script that will be used and the color combination. Its quite unbelievable that each and every panel was hand painted first and then photographed to print in the book. A feat in comic history, that has never been achieved before.

No comments:

Post a Comment